Dog Boarding in Oklahoma City: A Vacation-Style Atmosphere
At Hefner Road Pet Resort, our goal is to give every guest their own personal vacation and help worried pet parents feel confident about the care their companions will receive.
Our dog boarding suites are designed to provide optimal comfort—no chain links or metal bars, glass doors for seeing out, and all-inclusive amenities to keep your companion active, well-fed, and happy. In short, your pet deserves old-fashioned hospitality in a place that feels more like a getaway and less like your typical dog boarding facility.
Dog Boarding Amenities We Offer:
- Clean, spacious, climate-controlled suites in varying sizes to accommodate every dog, big or small
- 3 scheduled bathroom breaks
- Hill’s Prescription Intestinal Diet*
- Administering medication (for a small additional fee)
- Access to a fenced-in yard for leash-free exercise
- One-on-one play sessions with staff (by owner’s request)
- Daily walks
- Access to our splash pool and waterfall (in summer)
- All suites include either peaceful music or DogTV to keep guests occupied
- Veterinarian supervision in case of emergency
*You're more than welcome to bring your pet’s own food from home with feeding instructions included on your check-in form.
Check Out Our Dog Boarding Suites
Our canine boarding suites are rooms, not cages. We always want our guests to feel at ease in their surroundings and have plenty of space to move around comfortably. Hefner Road Pet Resort offers 4 different types of suites:
|Size (in feet)||5 x 7||4 x 14||4 x 7||4 x 6|
|Rest & Relaxation Comforts||Couch + Bedding||Bedding||Bedding||Bedding|
|In-Suite Entertainment||Music + DogTV*||Music||Music||Music|
|3 Daily Walks & Potty Breaks|
|Hills Prescription Diet® i/d® Sensitive Food|
DogTV is a form of audiovisual therapy for dogs, created with the help of scientists and dog experts. The DogTV programs use healing sound frequencies, positive affirmations, relaxing music, and engaging visuals of animals and moving objects to keep pets entertained. Each program has colors that are adapted to your dog's vision, includes constant on-screen motion, and avoids sudden noises, movements, and disruptive frequencies.
How DogTV Helps Your Pet
Based on over 60 scientific studies, DogTV is intended to keep dogs happy, stimulated, and relaxed while their owners are away. It also helps to reduce separation anxiety and destructive behaviors that may result from that anxiety.
All available DogTV programs fall into 3 categories:
- Relaxation: Videos are designed to calm and soothe your pet so they can feel more at ease when you're not around and be less likely to engage in hyperactive behavior.
- Stimulation: These programs are made to be engaging and provide essential physical and mental stimulation.
- Exposure: The exposure programs gradually introduce your dog to loud and unpleasant sounds such as thunder, street noise, vacuum cleaners, fireworks, and more. Exposure to each sound is limited so your pet can grow used to them.
A Quick Rundown of DogTV
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Times
See our list of available drop-off and pick-up times below, and let us know if you have questions--we'll do our best to accommodate you!
|Monday & Friday||7 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday – Thursday||7 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.,|
4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Our Dog Boarding Health Policy
At Hefner Road Pet Resort, we have a “well pet” policy to ensure that every guest is healthy and parasite-free before staying with us. This keeps our facility safe for visiting pets and for our staff members.
- Please verify that your dog is current with their rabies, kennel cough, leptospirosis*, and distemper-parvo vaccines.
- Make sure that your pet is current on their flea and tick preventative.
- If you need help giving your pet their flea and tick preventative, we'd be happy to do so!
- If your pet has fleas or ticks, our team can give them a dose of preventative.
*Leptospirosis is a bacterial infection carried by possums, deer, and other types of wildlife. Since possums are very prevalent in the area, we believe that dogs here in Oklahoma City are at a higher risk for infection. If you have any questions about our lepto vaccine, please let us know.